VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Monday, August 24, 2009

When you speak to me, please speakeasy


If it seems like I have been off the radar lately, its because....well, I have been. Frequenting the Hamptons only a few times this summer, and doing a bit of traveling -isn't the reason why. I know during the summer, NYC seems to become a desolate place. However, it seems that the trend of nightlife has changed. It's no longer getting past the impossible door, but finding it.
In June, I had gone on a date, and near the end of the night he brought me to an apartment. I found this to be a bit presumptuous, but when he approached the door and knocked I became intrigued.
 A lean and long fellow peaked his head through the door and invited us in. 
Inside was a fabulous bar with the most AMAZING cocktails.
I am not listing this speakeasy because it currently is one of my favorites, but this lounge left me craving more.
The search began, 
and I began dressing in darker colors and tucking my Lilly Pulitzer dresses away.I ventured to the popular speakeasy "La Esquina" with a group of friends. After some convincing, we were led down through the employees only door, down a few flights of stairs, and rubbed elbows with the busy mexican kitchen staff. Once inside, we sipped on tequila that cost $40 a shot, and met men dexterous in name dropping. 
We ended the night at Southside, 
which is NOT a speakeasy but since its under the former
 diner/restaurant Martignetti's we can pretend that it is.
I have made a small list of my favorite speakeasy's of this summer- but remember, a good speakeasy is only as good as its guests.
1) PDT- Please don't tell

113 St. Marks Pl. , New York, NY 10009 

Come here for the best hot dogs and hotties ( that are warned to not creepily hit on you)

2)Milk & Honey

http://www.mlkhny.com/newyork/newyork.php

Find a member and try some of the tastiest cocktails in New York

3)Little Branch

22 7th Avenue S, New York, NY 10014

Let the bartender make your cocktail, depending on thing's that tantalize your tastebuds

4)The Back Room

102 Norfolk St (between Delancey St & Rivington St), New York, NY 10002

The adult version of tea time

5) 124 Old Rabbit Club

124 MacDougal St, New York, NY 10012

Great beer and very nice crowd

Enjoy- 
Jessi Marquez

http://newyork.joonbug.com/scenetracker/when-you-speak-to-me-please-speakeasy-scenetracker-new-york/mRK57tMfXad

No comments:

Visit my new blog