VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scott Herman: Real life after The Real World


Some of you may remember my post back in January about Scott Herman, MTV's The Real World Brooklyn's sexiest cast member who had all the girls, boys and blogs talking. For almost all reality TV stars, popularity phases out as quickly as it comes . Of course, there are those cast members whose crazy antics and spin off shows get them remembered (think I Love New York) but very few are respected outside those 15 minutes of fame. The same cannot be said for Scott Herman, a cast member of The Real World - Brooklyn, most commonly known as "the good looking one with the abs". The nice guy with the frat boy style shocked and impressed viewers during the airing of the show when he turned out to be nothing like his sterotypical image and has continued to impress his fans since the shows conclusion. You may have seen Scott gracing the pages of Men's Health Magazine or come across him once or twice in Cosmopolitan Magazine but Scott is more then a model-slash-actor with chiseled abs and a pretty face. Scott has had his eye on success far before he was casted on The Real World-Brooklyn and has used his new found fame to further his career and educate the public on fitness. I was able to pencil myself into Scott's busy schedule to ask him about his Real World experience and find out what he has been up to since the conclusion of the show.



1. What made you to want to join the cast of The Real World? Was it hard living life in front of a camera?
a. I decided to join the cast of the Real World Brooklyn because I wanted to be the first cast member in a long time to go on the show who had ambition to accomplish more in life at 24 other than to just eat, drink, and have sex. However, I was surprised to see when I got there that I was not the only one. As far as living on camera; it was a very easy adjustment for me. It isn’t like you went there not expecting them. I feel like everyone else in the house was also already mentally prepared for the cameras when they got there.


2. How has life changed for you since appearing on The Real World Brooklyn last season?

a. Since the show I have made drastic changes. The biggest being not working in a gym anymore. I worked in a gym for 10 years and decided it was time to move onto bigger things. I felt I had a calling in the entertainment industry and I wasn’t going to be happy until I tackled the industry head on.

3. Are you easily recognized and approached by people when you’re out with friends or running daily errands? How has it affected your personal life?
a. Not so much in NYC, but when I am back in my hometown of Salem, NH, my friends like to play a game and see who can guess the number of times people come up to me. I enjoy it though, I feel like I was a great role model on the show and I want to continue to give my fans that same impression.


4. How have your relationships with your fellow cast members changed over the past year?

a. My relationships have all improved. I would like to say that I was one of the few who got along with everyone while filming and when we came back for the reunion. But, usually when my castmates visit the city they stay at my place with Baya and Devyn so we have all been able to grow closer while acting more like ourselves with no cameras around. I also hang out with Chet all the time because he lives in the city as well. Chet and I have become even closer since the show.

5. What have you been up too since the conclusion of the show?

a. Since the show I have been modeling, acting, and producing. I did an awesome photoshoot with Undergear, (Back by popular demand! SCOTT HERMAN FOR UNDERGEAR) and have been featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine a few times more as well. I have started a Talent Management Company with my manager Kyber Bernstein, I am up for a lead role in a new HBO show, and have been putting together my first Reality TV pilot that I am producing. Keeping busy has never been hard for me. Lately, I have been working really hard to push my youtube channel. My youtube channel has really given me the freedom I needed to help spread the word about health and fitness and to bring more attention to my fitness site, http://www.scotthermanfitness.com/.



6. Tells us about the projects you have going on?


My fitness website was something I had been working on before I knew I even made it on the show. It has come a long way since I first started it and I am very happy with it’s progress. I do plan on releasing fitness DVD’s in the near future. My first one.. the Scott Herman ABS workout!


The purpose of my youtube channel is to bring health and fitness to the world in an easy to understand way. My goal is to build a big enough channel with enough support that I will have the time and freedom to spend a lot of time in the gym producing easy and fun instructional videos to help anyone who wants to learn about fitness.


Modeling has been a bit slow. My main goal is to land a gig with Calvin Klein. In the mean time I did do a great shoot with Undergear: The video was posted on youtube and hit 33,000 hits in 3 days before youtube took the video down for being a bit toooo racy. But that’s ok, the Undergear catalog will be out the end of August, be sure to check it out!-Magazine shootsCheck out Cosmopolitan September page 135.


6. What everyone wants to know? How do you keep up that body? What is your workout routine like?

a. My routine is vigorous. I go to the gym with one mission and it is to leave in pain. I lift as heavy as I can for each muscle group and dedicate 4 days a week to abs for about 30minutes at a time.

7. Advice for the girls and guys who want to get back into the gym but can't seem to find the motivation. What can help them reach their fitness goals?

a. Motivation is easy. Set a goal for yourself and really focus on wanting to accomplish that goal. Be proud to look in the mirror as you see results. Or, maybe you just need more knowledge because you are clueless in the gym.. that is where my youtube channel and fitness site comes in.

8. What have you learned about yourself that you didn't realize before appearing on the Real World?

a. I learned that it is ok to be a nice guy and to always keep the same morals and values. But when you are in this industry, keep up an extra guard for protection.

9. You've graced the pages of magazines, launched your own fitness site and youtube channel...What's next? Any big plans you see yourself getting involved in in the future?

a. I have a couple acting opportunities coming up. However my next goal? I want to be Captain America. See Scott Herman as Captain America- Part 1


XOXO,

Cristina




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support!

Be sure to follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/scott_herman

Visit my new blog