VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm with Troy

Greenhouse’s queue was unbelievable, and this time, there was no overhead scaffolding, so the line had a different feel to it. The entire corner of Varick and Vandam was drenched with human beings, all of them hot and sweaty.

The Adrian Grenier event had Doorman Sammy rejecting guys in general, and the short and unattractive females. On typical nights, he will excuse a few here or there, but not on this Monday night. I didn’t even see Mr Grenier, as I was occupied outside for most of the night begging for close guy friends to be let in.

Walked inside and it was a hot mess. Sweltering sweat was in the air. Had the feeling of a zoo. Monkeys swinging from tree vines and the temperature of the tropics, greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Crowd was a mixture of the Jersey crew, the hipster crew, and one or two models here or there. Oh, and of the course the suited bankers who had to make an appearance to see the star of their favourite guy show “Entourage.”

Don’t let me forget to mention that Akon’s brother and manager were @ Greenhouse. I saw them walk in, and I would have never noticed who they were until I heard a short Indian man state their titles of importance to the general public outside. Sammy (doorman) pushed others aside for them like Moses with regards to the red sea. I gave Akon’s brother my card and told him to hit me up for any future NYC parties, let’s hope he does.


Left for Butter, and only realized this was a bad decision upon arrival. No line @ door and no energy inside the room. Tables were empty ( no couch potato dancers on top of them). Asked the waitresses if any celebs showed, and their response simply was “no” so Greenhouse wins first prize for Best Monday party this Monday just, let us see how they do next week. No Binn at the door either, however Genz was there chilling out with one of the drivers that frequents Butter/1Oak (in a Mercedes Benz). Actually met up with a great friend, celebrity publicist Raul Barrera. Left with him for Mr. West.

Mr West’s crowd on Mondays isn’t always the best, but they rack in celebs. To some, football and basketball players may not be of interest to see @ a nightclub, but for others, this is their passion, and these guys are usually at Mr West, courtesy of the promotional director. His name is Ahmad Tahoun. Very cool guy and he throws good parties. I will say the same for M2 on Thursdays, as he also runs this party in collaboration with Jed Stiller.

Two names to some of you that may not be that popular but they should be because they bring the heat. Some football players for the NY Giants were @ Mr West last night, I wish I watched all these games and sports so that I can recall or remember his name. I just knew he played for the Giants because some obnoxious girls were saying they met one of the players and he told them they were the most gorgeous girls he ever saw etc and he gave them champagne of course. 

Word on the street is that Kim Kardashian will be in town on Wednesday lets see if I end up being correct :) as I was about her being @ 55th and broadway for lunch with Reggie Bush!


-Troy

No comments:

Visit my new blog