VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nightlife is Preserved

So, what happens when you mix all components of nightlife and put them into one room? 
You get the 
 Last night was an amazing time. It was like an office holiday party for all in nightlife. Club owners mingled with bloggers, waitresses danced with doormen, and bottle hosts shmoozed with promoters.


Chloe Sevigny hosted the event, rocking a “Free The Beatrice” t-shirt. Supporting her brother Paul Sevigny’s West Village nightclub, Beatrice Inn.
Steve Lewis, father of nightlife and Blackbook contributor greeted guests with a welcoming smile... referring to each person as his "best friend."
Upon entrance, cameras flashed while many of the City's scene-makers posed in front of the step and repeat. I quickly found my way to the bar to ask "what's included in the open bar tonight?" The response was what many 23 year olds dream to hear..."Whatever you can drink till 1 am." Once these words were uttered I realized that this event was going to go from a Hott party to a Hott Mess!
The music was obviously amazing and it is no surprise that nearly everyone was dancing. I soon realized that most of the clubs and lounges had their own tables with complimentary bottles. I sipped a grey goose and cranberry with some of the boys at "The Eldridge Table" and then made my way towards the stage. I decided to make myself (and my girlfriends) comfortable at the "Greenhouse" table.
My friend Scott, who is one of the owners of Greenhouse, introduced me to several of the industry's "people." I then ran into fellow Joonbug guest contributer Karim Amatulla, and we laughed about how funny industry people can be together in the same room. It's interesting because it was a bit like a competition inside... Who's venue is better, and who had more leggy models drinking from their (free) bottles.
I would say that overall, the event was a success. Is the economy affecting the nightlife industry... maybe, do the scene-makers still know how to party...definitely!

Photo Courtesy: JOHN CARTA, Sunny Norton
XOXO
As good as its guests

No comments:

Visit my new blog