VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

First Hand Report on Southampton's Harbor Club

So when I heard about the opening of Harbor Club, I was a bit hesitant. Being from Huntington, Long Island, I spent my youth working as a bridal attendant at the Harbor Club catering hall. While trekking out to the Hamptons for the opening, fears of missing cakes and drunk bridesmaids ran through my head. My friend Peter Smith (bartender at Harbor Club) assured me it would be a great time. Harbor Club is owned by David Marino, Ben Greiff and James Cruickshank. As much as I am NOT a hipster, I figured it was in the Hamptons so how "downtown" could it be.

The place is very cool to say the least. Nick Cohen spun great music for dancing and the wooden furniture made it very vaction-esque. I think any venue that allows you to have a drink in one hand and a cigarette in another is always on my Top 10 list. I overheard that during the summer there will be fun BBQ's and day drinking. This will definitely be a cool place to have a Bloody Mary and listen to the next "it" band. Looks like us city folk may have to wake up a bit earlier to catch the Jitney.

XOXO Jessi Marquez

MORE STORIES ON JOONBUG


No comments:

Visit my new blog