VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm with Troy

Thursday night started out as a bit of a let down at M2 for the NBA party.  I foolishly went early, LOL, as I assumed it would be like the NFL party, but it wasn’t. The doors didn’t open till 11pm and there was no media.  My group of girls was the first to go in and I sat them down in the middle VIP section where they were given wristbands.  It was sort of a let down to my crowd as I hyped up the event thinking it would be like the NFL draft where basically no one could have gotten in. Take that with some salt, though, because it ultimately was an amazing party and there were some basketball players.  Rafer Alston and Lamar Odom did not show up, however, as was promised by the management because apparently most of the players went to Jay-Z’s night club called the 40/40 Club.  That scene is a much more ghetto vibe than even M2 is on a Thursday, but seeing that it is owned by someone much more prominent in the media, I am sure it was an easy pull for Jay-Z to steal all the NBA players to his nightclub.

Rumor has it that Jay-Z and Beyonce were actually at 1Oak, one of Jay-Z’s favorite night clubs and one of mine as well, as I headed there right after M2. Celebs that did go to the M2 Thursday party were Jadakiss and Busta Rhymes, but these guys are no new names to the nightlife scene.  They are consistently out having a good time. Both were spotted the skybox of M2 Thursday night and word is that Jadakiss was wasted.

Well we all know of MJ’s death…such terrible news. When I was partying at 1Oak, DJs Reach and Cassidy were there behind the DJ booth paying tribute to him.  They played his music all night and then for a moment around 3am, they turned off the music and asked everyone to raise their lighters and their cell phones in the air.  All jokes aside, I saw girls crying and it was touching actually, LOL.  I have not cried since my father beat me maybe when I was 9 years old for stealing a Lego from a friend LOL, and while I managed not to that night, I did get some goosebumps.  Very touching moment.  Also, interesting to note, the Wayans brothers cannot seem to get enough of 1Oak.  They were there two nights in a row.  On a mission for women I am sure LOL.

Friday night Pink Elephant was slow.  It has been like that a lot recently, though I did end up meeting a lot of southern girls randomly that night.  Pink Elephant sometimes does attract the pretty blonde type of crew on weekends I guess. Wednesday tends to be more of an urban night and Thursday I guess is their Euro night. Funny story is at the end of the night I opted to join some Trinidadian friends at club Home.  As crazy of a decision as it sounds, I had a blast. Ghetto party, yes, but sometimes going to places like this you realize how snobby others are. Comparing there to 1Oak, the party vibe was a lot more fun and not to mention it had a much better DJ. I’ve always wonder what makes one DJ better than another and I can’t come to a reasonable answer. Of course you have to test their scratching skills and how well they can morph one song into the other, but just as it is with every occupation, I think it’s more important who you know, LOL. Such is life, all about who you know. Anyways the night ended at club Home, ghettoville.

Sat night I decided to dress up nicely and wear a button down for once. Someone told me that people judge you by how you dress earlier in the day and I felt like trying it out. It felt nice to be complemented on how you dress.  As always, I was downstairs at the main room corner table in front the DJ booth. Tables 23 and 24, two tables put together. The DJ at Marquee on Saturday night spins sort of Hip Hop till 2am, then plays trance or house music till 4am when they close. In the upstairs section of Marquee they play Hip Hop on both Friday and Saturday, so they put the better promoters upstairs like Mike St Pierre Ryan Smith and Joe Clark and Matt Assante.

1 comment:

Go_Big_Or_Go_Home_Son said...

I know what you're saying about thinking it "would be like the NFL draft" where not many should have gotten in. The other night I was out with my boys at Myst in Smithtown and they were letting any moron off the Sunrise Highway who had tinted windows into the place. No doubt it was mad sketch.
True, when the fellas and I hit up our classy establishments we expect only the best to be present, like you ladies do. Obviously it doesn't always pan out that way. During my years in the nightlife scene, I have sometimes had to temporarily lower my crowd standards in order to keep the night alive. Luckily Strong Island has so many great bars to choose from that this rarely happens. Like I know for the Fourth I'll be hitting up Minnesota's in Long Beach which is definitely a "can't miss" scene from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Anyway, big fan of the blog. Keep it up.

Visit my new blog