VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Multitasking and coffee breaks

Sometimes, things are just too busy...

Living in a city like Manhattan, there are times where you need to literally stop for a second, and breathe. I think that multitasking is just a part of survival in New York. Everyone is always working on multiple things at once. The survival of the fittest is no longer how fast you can run, but if you can work on multiple windows and tabs online at once. It amazes me how quickly time flies here. I come into the office and look down at the clock on my desktop, and its already 2pm. I recall making a to-do list of things I wanted to see/do this summer, and now, it's already snowing.


So, what's my trick to not going insane between the hours of 8am-6pm. 

Taking 20 minutes of ME time. 

Whether its going outside to call a friend that doesn't live here, grabbing coffee at the Ace Hotel, or sitting on a bench and reading for a little bit. You actually have to schedule in the time to do this. There is, and always will be, something you need to work on, do, accomplish. 

Where do you go when you need to escape?

1 comment:

alxandrialee said...

I love to sneak inside one of NYC's many old cathedrals. It doesn't matter if you're religious or not, as soon as you step inside you'll be refreshed by the silence. Steal away, sit, and breathe. Many of them are open to the public all throughout the day!

Visit my new blog