VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chairty Spotlight: NeverQuit

We asked Jay Goldman, Co-Founder of NeverQuit Enterprises, Inc. about his Charity NeverQuit. Please read about Jay and NeverQuit and reach out to him to volunteer to help his amazing organization.

Jay with Super Bowl XXI Champion George Martin of the New York Giants.

Never Quit Mission Statement:
To educate, inspire, and empower people today for a better tomorrow.

Photo by: Michelle Zuccaro

As good as its guests: What is NeverQuit is about, what you stand for, and what you do for the community?
Jay Goldman: Our company is solely dedicated to bringing education, inspiration and empowerment to those in need. We do this in several different ways:
First, I have been speaking for years for Non-For-Profit companies at recruitment events trying to get people within the community involved in volunteer work. Some organizations I have spoken for have been The U.S.A. Freedom Corps, The Make a Wish Foundation, Cross-Cultural Solutions, and the Building Bridges Collation. I have never nor will I ever charge for these services.
Second, I have been speaking for years at local youth groups and civic organizations to teenagers. Our program is called "Never Quit" and I touch on many issues from living a life of meaning, to not using drugs and alcohol, to goal reaching, to having self confidence, to leadership workshops.
Third, We are currently working on a book called "Never Quit" which we hope to have out by this summer. It will contain 10-12 Never Quit stories from normal everyday people who have done extraordinary things. We will feature stories from people who have overcome cancer, women who have had the strength to get out of an abusive relationship, to people living with disabilities but who are living a healthy and fulfilling lives, and people who have overcome an alcohol or drug addiction. It is our hope that if someone is going through a similar situation maybe they can find strength in reading a story from someone just like them who were able to overcome the hardships in their life. Hopefully the reader can see it doesn't take superhuman strength to do something superhuman.
Fourth, We organize volunteer events for our community. For example, if there is a charity walk we try to get as many people to participate in the event as possible and we all walk under the Never Quit name. We have found that people are more inclined to participate in an event if other people are their with them, so that way we give a group of people a common mission instead of one. This is actually a BIG initiative for this year. We would like to get 1,000 volunteers to come with us to volunteer events in the 2009 calendar year! It's going to take some work but I truly believe that we can make this happen!

Jay at one of his motivational workshops

AGAIG: What are NeverQuits accomplishments so far? How have you helped? Who have you helped? and where has this process taken you?
JG: Please keep in mind that we are a relatively new company and plan on doing much more in the future. I also have a "regular" day job where I work 40+ hours a week for an investment bank. I am also going back to school at night to become an RN because I hate my day job lol. Thank God I have NeverQuit which brings me happiness and balance in my life. So far it has taking me to some pretty amazing places and I have experienced some pretty cool things from going after my passion.
*I was a New York State Emergency Medical Technician and volunteer for 6 years and received an accommodation for my rescue work on 9/11/2001. I was only 19 years old.
*In 2006 I went to Brazil and volunteered in a Children's HIV/AIDS orphanage for two weeks. This was the single most profound experience in my life and it changed my life in may ways. If you would like more information about how just let me know. I am not going to go into it now because once i start talking about it I can go on forever lol.
*In 2007 I was awarded The Call to Service, Presidential Volunteer Service Award by the President of The United States. There are four levels of the award and I received the top honor at 25 when most receive it after a lifetime of volunteer service. I am very proud of this accomplishment and it was an exciting moment for me.
*In 2007 I was invited by the United Nations and The USA Freedom Corps to speak at The White House, in Washington DC for International Volunteer Day 2007. I was asked to speak at the event and share how volunteer work, both national and international has impacted my life.
*In 2007 I was asked by The Building Bridges Collation to deliver a speech in Philadelphia in front of Independence Hall to launch their Non-Profit Organization and the website www.idealist.org/
*In 2007 and 2008 I was asked to speak at The American Motivation Awards in Manhattan. It is an award show that honors the nations most outstanding Motivational people. Both years I was asked to deliver a key note speech and present an award.
*In 2008 I was featured in an article in the New York Daily News. The article was written to feature a volunteer from the NY area and encourage others to volunteer.
* I appeared on 106.1 WBLI (a Long Island Radio Station) on March 4th to discuss NeverQuit.
Jay with Astra of WBLI
Photo Courtesy of Michelle Zuccaro

AGAIG: How can our readers help in their communities ?
JG: Please visit our Myspace Page at www.myspace.com/myneverquit or e-mail us at myneverquit@gmail.com to find out about upcoming volunteer opportunities. We would like get people involved in their communities by volunteering with us at our upcoming events. It would also be a huge help in helping us reach our goal of 1,000 NeverQuit volunteers for 2009. Please put in the subject line "I want to help others".
We also have a section in our blog on the NeverQuit myspace where people can look for volunteer opportunities. You can also go to the website www.idealist.org/ and can find volunteer opportunities.

Jay (far right) at the 2007 American Motivational Awards


We would like to thank Jay for taking time out of his busy schedule to share with us his extraordinary accomplishments. We encourage you all to do your part and reach out to Jay and volunteer in your communities.


XOXO,
As good as its guests

No comments:

Visit my new blog