VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Friday, May 01, 2009

Poem for the rainy weekend


Each grain having its own shade of beige
Some dark and mystic
Some clear like an extravagant champagne glass

I arch my enfeeble neck
And it seems that this unison terrain
Goes on eternally like a song on repeat

I glide my fingers along side
They sweep up the broken down rocks in an artistic pattern

I dig my toes into the malleable land
My stomach presses against the cool moist terrycloth 
That smells of all the salts of the world

A gentle breeze wafts my bare back
Giving it a break from the unforgiving smoldering sun
That burns every inch of my exposed body

And brands me

Leaving a glowing white tattoo
Of what was once covered by thin florescent material

The water comes down like a kiss that was missed
So firm
So rapid
Nothing can escape its intensity
And the panting
Is the soundtrack to my soul

No comments:

Visit my new blog