VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND

VISIT MODERN WONDERLAND
CLICK HERE

Monday, December 22, 2008

Nick MacCarron


After catching the premier episode of MTV's Double Shot at Love, As Good As It's Guests blogger, Cristina DiVuolo wanted to know more about the chap-wearing superhero she saw on her t.v. screen. (If you haven't seen the show yet, what are you waiting for?) Cristina had the chance to speak with Double Shot at Love's Nick MacCarron and found out some interesting facts. Not only is this 25 year old Long Island native one of MTV's newest reality stars, he was also chosen from over 13,000 entries for MTV's Ultimate Cover Band competition, The Zoo and has his own band, The Lie.
Cristina: What was it like finding out that you were cast to be on MTV's Double Shot of Love?
Nick: Well, at first I randomly went to a casting call not expecting anything. I was kinda in a weird place mentally at the time. Feeling pretty hurt by my girl situation (or lack of) at the time. So I went to the casting call... it was about a 10 minute interview here in NY. A few weeks later got a call saying they're flying me to LA to do another interview with the producers. I went to that, came back thinking... wow, I did this whole thing on the fly not really expecting much, but now I really really hope I make it! So yeah, it was veryyy exciting getting that final call.
C: I would imagine that living in a house full of people competing for the same girls can be extremely frustrating, how did you deal with the chaos when you needed alone time?
N: Yea, the worst part for me was just not having an iPod, iPhone, or guitar with me. Music is my one and only outlet. So at times I did get very frustrated and emotional in the house, and not having a way to try and get my head in a better place was verrrry difficult for me. So a few times during filming I just looked for a place in the house where I could be completely alone, no cameras and no other castmembers, and just sat there
and wrote.


C: You sing and play guitar for your band called The Lie as well as MTV's ultimate cover band, The Zoo. Which artists are you most influenced by?
N: NIRVANA. When I was like 14 I saw the music video for "Heart Shaped Box" on MTV and just had it in my head that I NEEDED to learn to play guitar. I saved money up for months and months and bought a cheaper version of the same exact guitar that Kurt (Cobain) played. Sat in my room everyday after school learning Nirvana songs. I currently have the word Nirvana (in Chinese) tattooed on my left wrist. It was my first tattoo. Being that I'm a right-handed guitarist, I'm constantly looking at my left wrist while playing guitar. So the tat is just a little reminder and inspiration boost :-)

C: Who are your favorite artists or bands?
N: Jimmy Eat World and Underoath are my two current favorites. Sugarcult, Anberlin and New Found Glory always get me pumped and in a great mood. One Republic, Coldplay and Counting Crows put me to sleep
every night. Nine Inch Nails is the ONE concert I still NEED to see before I die.

C:What is something that people would be shocked to find out about you?
N: I'm a text-a-holic, my favorite movie is Cruel Intentions, and I'm addicted to chocolate covered pretzels.


Be sure to watch Nick on Double Shot at Love on MTV on Tuesday nights at 10.
If your bored at work or just want to know more about Nick (you know you do) check out his myspace page myspace.com/nickmaccarron and his band's myspace.com/thelieonline .

XOXO-Cristina 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely Love Nick!!!! My friend and I see him and the zoo play every chance we get... We know him pretty well by now and I have to say he is one of the most genuine, sweet, Gorgeous guys I know... Maybe someday I'll have my shot at love with him :)

Always

BEL

Visit my new blog